The Customer Conundrum + Being A Successful Father | Gary Smith | Expert Episode 66
Gary Smith works with executives and business owners to help them develop organizations where employees are happy, engaged, and productive; customers are delighted and loyal; and competitors are very, very afraid.
He does this by helping them identify the gaps between where they are and where they need to be, and then designing and implementing solutions to close those gaps!
Gary Smith is today’s ‘Expert’ guest, who is also an expert dad! Gary is a father to three girls who are all grown up and successful in their fields but, he doesn’t take all the credit. He credits his supportive wife and the power of prayer for his success at home and in his business. Today, he shares with the startup dad audience the importance of intentional parenting, as well as how to identify those gaps in your business between where you are now and where you need to be. He also touches on how to design and implement solutions to close those gaps. Here are some of the key points Gary shares in this episode:
- He defines the customer conundrum- The disconnect between what companies believe they are offering as customer service and what the customers are actually receiving. The goal is to address those “gap” issues.
- Addressing the real goal of your business
- What it means to create wins for your customers that will eventually be wins for your business
- Looking at what your customers sees (the front office):
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Looking at the back office of your business and how it impacts your customers
- Book every StartupDad should read:
- Optechs – Gary Smith
- The Customer Conundrum – Contact Gary and get a free copy. First 10 Startup Dads Only- let him know who sent you!
- More Books by Gary Smith
- Lean Startup – Eric Ries
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 5 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review HERE