Taking One Bold Move | Frank Gustafson | Episode 9
Frank invested 30 years in executive leadership and small business ownership. For most of that time he chased the dollar. Filling his bank account while emptying his soul. No more! As an executive and business coach, leadership trainer, writer and speaker, he launched his latest venture OneBoldMove. OneBoldMove is all about helping people get un-stuck, helping busy people make bold moves to reinvent their future.
Frank has been Married to the love of his life, Theresa for 25 years – and they have 3 thriving adult children and 4 dogs. They live in Melissa, TX… just outside of the metropolitan hustle and bustle of Dallas.
- Family Fun Photo: Husband, Father of 3
- Balancing Family & Business: Raising the kids with a strong work ethic and integrity. They respected the fact that Dad was taking care of business and doing what he had to do.
- Support of spouse: My wife has had more confidence in me, more than I have had in myself. She is the driving factor, my cheerleader.
- Primary Chores around the house: Taking care of the trash, fixing what needs to be fixed and taking the dogs out before my wife gets ups.
- At a very young age was involved in numerous Start Up opportunities
- Took a huge pay cut to go into a Start Up business with a friend and four other colleagues which grew into a half a billion dollar business with 600 employees
- The catalyst that inspired his leap I always had the ambition that I was going to be a millionaire by the time I was 30
- Always extremely confident in what I was able to do and how I was going to be able to provide for my family.
- I lost a million dollars in one year, it sucked, but it was all part of the process. It taught me so much, I don’t know if I could buy that lesson for a million dollars. It was an investment to where I am right now.
- Failure, Doubt or Fear: I am a firm believer that you have two dogs, a good dog and a bad dog; whichever one you feed will get stronger. I tend to try to stay positive and feed the positive.
- Hardest personal sacrifice: Leaving people behind and time with my kids and my wife.
- Private Health Insurance: Money in savings to take care of it out of pocket.
- What is one time management tip? My wife and my coach keeps me on track
- Personal habits that attributes to your success as a Entrepreneur? Dropbox, Evernote and Social Media
- Manage Health: Running
- Book every startup dad should read: Strength Finder 2.0 and Day Job to Dream Job
- One Bold Move: Frank Gustafson
- Strength Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- Day Job to Dream Job by Kary Oberbrunner (Look below to enter for a chance to win a free copy)
- Focus on what you can do next to learn something new
- You got to have short term goals and long term goals
- Read, read, read, read, read
- Set a goal to improve yourself on a daily basis.
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 3 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review Here
I hope you enjoyed, was able to connect and found value in Frank’s inspiring journey. If so please let us know by clicking on the link to share on twitter:
I’m not only the founder of Startup Dad Headquarters. I’m also a client – Follow along my journey as I progress and improve my skills both in interviewing: asking the right questions, extracting the tips, tactics and tools used by successful entrepreneur dads and in video production. This one is a little painful to watch but full of massive value 😉
Help us to promote the podcast and win a free copy of “Day Job to Dream Job” by Kary Oberbrunner. One winner selected each week.
Click HERE to enter to win.