Start Your Business Today! There Will Never Be A Perfect Time | Brian Shea | Episode 3
Brian Shea is a management consultant and the founder of Shea Consulting LLC, a Boston-based consulting company that helps technology organizations collaborate with their business partners. Since the early 2000s Brian has helped companies collaborate, define software requirements and deliver successful projects that address real business needs. He has worked with a range of organizations, from multinational firms like State Street Global Advisors and Iron Mountain and large non-profits to companies that are just starting out.
Today, he focuses on helping technology organizations to build effective requirements practices, strong communication and analysis skills among employees, and effective strategic projects.
- Review family fun photo (image above)
- Balancing family and business by putting boundaries between time allotted for business and time allotted for home. Respecting the time with your family and valuing that time.
- I wanted to start my own business years ago. Throughout my career I did some consulting and freelancing
- The catalyst that inspired his leap I was inspired by my daughter being born. I wanted to inspire my daughter in a way I knew I wouldn’t be able to do at a job
- My wife is so supportive, I laid out what I wanted to do in a clear way and made sure we were in agreement
- I made a calculated risk to leave my job and took a consulting opportunity
- I started connecting with more and more people who were starting their own business and it made it more realistic
- I had to get comfortable with uncertainty. I was learning new stuff as I was going along.
- It’s not about being locked in into a business. It’s being able to change and adapt.
- Failure, Doubt or Fear: If you’re not failing you’re not doing much. It is great to experience, you’re in it and you can figure it out.
- What is one time management tip? Keep systems simple and maintain a boundary between work and home
- Personal habits that attributes to your success as a Entrepreneur? Connecting with other Entrepreneurs
- Book every startup dad should read: Seth Godin’s Blog and Duct Tape Marketing Blog
- Shea Consulting LLC: Brian Shea
- The One Thing: by Gary Keller
- iPhone calendar to keep work-life balance
- TeuxDeux app- Simple To do list app
- Customer Relationship Management Software
- “There will never be the right time”
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 3 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review Here
I hope you enjoyed, was able to connect and found value in Brian’s inspiring journey. If so please let us know by clicking on the link to share on twitter:
I’m not only the founder of Startup Dad Headquarters. I’m also a client – Follow along my journey as I progress and improve my skills both in interviewing: asking the right questions, extracting the tips, tactics and tools used by successful entrepreneur dads and in video production. This one is a little painful to watch but full of massive value 😉