What Separates Startup Dads From Others | Josh Marsden | Episode 24
Josh Marsden is the owner Ice Accelerate Marketing Automation Services and co-host of Build Your Utopia Podcast Josh started Ice Accelerate because he loves the drive and passion small business owners and gets a natural high from helping business owners improve and grow their business with Infusionsoft.
Josh has over 10 years of cumulative sales and marketing experience with a focus on online. Josh has a Bachelor of Science in Business with an emphasis in Marketing and a Masters of Business Administration from University of Phoenix.
In addition, he is a Veteran and served 4 years in the Arizona Army National Guard in an Air Traffic Controller position and is a Father of 1.
- Review family fun photo (below above) – Dad of one son
- What does fatherhood mean to you? Everything. It’s a simple answer, but a true answer.
- Balancing family and business: It’s tough, it’s really tough. Traveling is one of the challenges, but there are everyday challenges. It’s a constant juggle. The biggest challenge I have is turning the switch off.
- I worked at the University of Phoenix for seven years. I was very successful there. It was a very sales, sales management position.
- The University of Phoenix was going through a lot of changes and I decided to jump to another company. They changed my position and then changed management, after a few months I wasn’t happy.
- I left there and had several opportunities available to me, while I did some freelancing. I took a position, but it wasn’t a good fit for me because they wanted me to change my schedule with my son.
- The catalyst that inspired his leap: I decided I wasn’t going to look for another job. I already had some clients and I saw there was some opportunity there.
- I sat down, came up with a plan and started Internet Marketing Services, then rebranded it a year later to Marketing Automation Services and I’ve never looked back.
- Failure, Doubt or Fear: I think I fought that fear with focus and I let it fuel me. I really didn’t have that much fear, it was really a determination. I mapped out a timeline, I mapped out goals, and I wrote down details and followed through with it.
- Private Health Insurance: It took me about 6-9 months to attain health insurance. I just did a Google search health insurance and small business.
- Intersection between Entrepreneurship and Fatherhood: I believe they go hand in hand. If your business does well, you are able to provide more. Financial freedom and financial wealth for my family. I want to create security and not having to stress regarding money.
- What is one time management tip? I use a software called Appointment Core, Base Camp and good ole fashion calendar.
- Manage Health: I try to exercise 4-5 days a week.
- One book every startup dad should read: No B.S. about Time Management
- Ice Accelerate Marketing Automation Services – Josh Marsden
- Build Your Utopia Podcast
- Appointment Core
- Base Camp
- No BS about Time Management – Dan Kennedy
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 3 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review Here
I hope you enjoyed, was able to connect and found value in Josh’s inspiring journey. If so please let us know by clicking on the link to share on twitter: