Repurpose Fear: Live Your Epic Life | Byron Davis | Episode 35
“There’s a verse that speaks to me and it is Ephesians 2:10 and it says, – For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago – What that scripture says to me is:
1) God didn’t make a mistake when He made me.
2) Before I was even born He had already invested in me a gift mix that He was going to call on when I became of age. He was going to draw out so that I can walk in it. So that, that would be my life on purpose, you on purpose, me on purpose. by Byron Davis
Byron is a former American record holder, Ironman, career coach & founder of the epic life project, Byron has a gift for helping people get unstuck and transform their passions into lives and careers they love. He does this through online
resources, group coaching bootcamps, & private live, one-on-one 2-day LifePlan Immersions called CALIBRATE!
He’s the author of Re:Purposed (The art of winning through letting your obstacles lead the way), and creator of the 8 part peak performance audio program Unleash The Unstoppable YOU!
A sought after conference speaker, Byron is entertaining to watch and easy to understand. He helps audiences reverse limiting beliefs on the spot and teaches them to use the simple power of personal narratives to quickly establish new habits and activate their God gifted potential. Byron received his BA from UCLA and Masters from Biola University.
Byron lives in Los Angeles California with his wonderful wife Annett, awesome son Mya , & incredible daughter Victoria.
- Review family fun photo (image above) – wife and two children, one son and a daughter.
- Balancing family and business by: Work/life balance is a fallacy. I believe it truly means work/life integration. We just need to learn how to be in the present. So when we are at work, be completely there and when you are with your family, be completely there.
- What does Fatherhood mean to you: Privilege. I think it’s an honor being a dad. I see it as my highest responsibility.
- Household Chore: My wife and I have an agreement. She cooks and I keep the kitchen clean.
- The early stages of my startup started when I was back in Jr High. I had a severe stuttering problem and was also diagnosed with ADD.
- But even back then, I had a talent of drawing out the very best in people.
- I was on the US National team for swimming and missed the Olympics team.
- The catalyst that inspired his leap: My career as a swimmer came to an abrupt end, and I had to figure out what I was going to do for the rest of my life
- As an African American swimming athlete on the national level, I was introduced to the speaking circuit because of that platform.
- I spoke at a financial services convention, and the CEO came up to me and invited me to lunch. He gave me an offer as a Managing Director that I couldn’t refuse.
- This is where I realized what not being in your sweet spot really felt like. For three years while I was there, I literally had a knot in the middle of my forehead.
- It was a great opportunity, but it wasn’t my opportunity.
- I decided to go back to school and get certified as a life coach.
- I started helping other people on the professional level. I started a business, but I eventually ran out of money, and the business failed.
- I then went into pharmaceutical sales, but I knew I was off path. While doing that, I was volunteering in ministry.
- I eventually left the pharmaceutical sales industry and went into full-time ministry.
- It was during that time I obtained my Masters degree in Theology and Organizational Leadership .
- From there I developed and honed what is now the Epic Life Project.
- Failure, Doubt and Fear: Fear is like our shadow. Our shadow will always be with us as long as we are walking in the light or in other words doing what we are called to do. I don’t care how great a person is, you will still wrestle with fear.
- Private Health Insurance: We are looking into companies that are insurance cohorts and they are becoming like the Costco for Health Insurance for the Self-Employed.
- Intersection between Entrepreneurship and Fatherhood? Teaching our kids to be free agents. We fan the flames in our kids, they have responsibilities to contribute to our community.
- What is one time management tool? Learn to live decisively! Do it, delegate it, defer it, or delete it.
- What attributes your success as an Entrepreneur, Father, and Husband: Personal – Winning – Routines
- Manage Health: I wake up early and I go to the gym. And I also practice intermittent fasting.
- Book every Startup Dad should read: How the World See’s You
- Byron’s free assessment: Byron.cc/sweetspot
- Byron Davis
- How the World See’s You – Sally Hogshead
- Flickering Pixels – Shane Hipps
- Free Agent Nation – Daniel H. Pink
- Go to Byron.cc/sweetspot – Download the Sweetpot Finder Tool and then take action!
- The longer it takes for us to take action, the more likely we will never, ever take action
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 3 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review Here
I hope you enjoyed, was able to connect and found value in Byron’s inspiring journey. If so please let us know by clicking on the link to share on twitter: