Shawn is a personal protection specialist with over 20 years of experience in the security sector. He has served in the Marines, worked as a corrections officer, police officer, security contractor in the Middle East and federal agent. He now specializes in teaching people how to be safer by empowering the individual or the organization on how to utilize and harness the key principles of situational and observational awareness to prevent unnecessary victimization.
Shawn joins us as an expert guest who shares his journey from federal agent to entrepreneur, whose experienced advice prevents unnecessary victimization when it comes to you and your family. Here are some of the key points Shawn shares:
- Wearing multiple hats as a father, being an entrepreneur, and furthering your education
- Finding and learning how to harness your passion
- Using ping points within your career to be the driving force behind the catalyst for change
- Figuring out the demand for your business
- Creating what most would consider a traditional service business into a business that provides passive income
On Planning, Prevention and Security
- Why security and paying attention to your surrounding saves you from being an easy target
- Awareness is key:
- Observational Awareness – being aware of your surroundings
- Situational Awareness – knowing your surroundings and having protective/exit strategies
- The importance of having situational plans in place with your family before you leave your home
- What’s your secret sauce? Tenaciousness
- What is one time management tool? Google Calendar
- How do you stand out above the noise: Believe in what I am doing, sincerity and my background
- What is a habit that attributes to your success as a Husband, Father and Entrepreneur?I don’t give up
- Book every StartupDad should read from a Fatherhood and Entrepreneur Perspective: The Magic of Thinking Big, Me Incorporated
- TheSafetyBluePrint.Com – Contact Shawn!
- Text BeSafer to 44222 – Get your Startup Dad Free Offer from Shawn
- Smart, Passive Income – By Patt Flynn
- The Magic of Thinking Big – By David Schwartz
- Me, Incorporated – By Gene Simmons
Done For You Tech: Doneforyoutech.com is THE one-stop solution for ALL your online marketing tech headaches. Landing pages, sales pages, webinars… the list goes on and on. Check ‘em all off by heading over to doneforyoutech.com/startupdad and get a FREE sales page designed when you order a new website.
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 3 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review HERE
Find out how here: Idea to Launch in 3 Months (weekly Webinar)