Going From Day Job To Dream Job | Kary Oberbrunner | Episode 1
Being on fire in your life:
Kary left his day job to pursue his dream job”Igniting Souls. Through his writing, speaking, and coaching, he helps individuals and organizations clarify who they are, why they are here, and where they should invest their time and energy. The author of several books, Kary and his wife Kelly are blessed with 3 amazing children and live in Columbus, OH.
- Being on fire in all aspects of you life
- Developing an escape plan (Clarity, Competence, Confidence, Influence, Impact & Income)
- How to bring your “dream job” closer to shore before you take the leap from you “day job”
- Getting your spouse on board, and yes money is a factor!
- If you build it they might not come: Kary shares how he wrote 4 books before he discovered the concept of “marketing before manufacturing”
- How to create a “Framework” for your product and get paying customers/clients before ever creating it and in under 24hrs!
- What is one time management tip? OPUS (Overarching vision, Purpose, Unifying, Strategies)
- Personal habits that attributes to your success as a Father, Entrepreneur?
- Spiritual connection with God
- Connection to creator, Core & Community
- An online resource? Kary offers his free online “igniting souls: assessment HERE which covers:
- Who you are?
- Why you are here?
- Where you are going?
- Day Job to Dream Job by Kary Oberbrunner
- The Deeper Path by Kary Oberbrunner
- 48 Days to the work you love by Dan Miller
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- The Shawshank Redemption
- “If you’re not clear, you are repelling people”
- “You don’t know what you’re good at because you are to close to it. It’s too easy for you! So you think everybody can do it”
- “The jimmy dean sausage approach: Give value first before asking for payment”
- “You ask the question how did I tell my wife¦ I told her with money”
- “People don’t buy you, they buy your belief If you don’t believe in your product and you have to discount it to get it started¦ I’m not saying it’s a bad thing but it creates a frequency that says I’m in beta”
- “To many people mentally are in mental Beta¦ Where they are constantly testing”
- “1 hour a day to work on your dream, compounded over a few years¦ WOW!”
I hope you enjoyed, was able to connect and found value in Kary’s inspiring journey. If so please let us know by clicking on the link to share on twitter:
Help us to promote the podcast and win a free copy of “Day Job to Dream Job” by Kary Oberbrunner. One winner selected each week.
Click HERE to enter to win.
I’m not only the founder of Startup Dad Headquarters. I’m also a client – Follow along my journey as I progress and improve my skills both in interviewing: asking the right questions, extracting the tips, tactics and tools used by successful entrepreneur dads and in video production. This one is a little painful to watch but full of massive value 😉