Are You Halfway In Or Are You Committed | Julien Marion | Episode 13
Julien Marion is husband, dad of 3, speaker, teacher, and coach in the areas of entrepreneurship, business growth, fitness and personal development.
He is also the founder and owner of Move Dance and Fitness (a Dance and Fitness Center in Houston, TX) and The Path to Unlimited (a Weekly podcast with a mission to empower and inspire millions to live without any limits). The Podcast is launching November 1st, 2014.
Julien is passionate about using all that God gave him to lift the lid off people’s life by adding value and serving others.
- Review family fun photo (image above) – Husband and Dad of three
- What is the most important thing about being a dad? Leadership, encouraging the family and staying on the right path. Because the kids are constantly looking at you. I want to give them a good understanding on what it means to be a good leader.
- Balancing family and business by: My son gets up really early, so he is with me. I want him to learn and see, so he can duplicate and understand what I do. I’m up when they are up.
- Household chores: I do the budget for the home and business, to take away the stress from my wife. And I do the lawn-work.
- My wifes lost her job and two weeks prior to that we lost a child, and as the Dad I had to be strong and show leadership.
- So, we had to reevaluate our budget situation, and in January 2013 we wrote a business plan for our dance studio. We realized it would take a lot of financial resources, more than we had.
- We decided not to put on any limitations, and started looking at locations.
- The catalyst that inspired his leap After my wife lost her job, mentalIy I was ready, my mind was ready to be an entrepreneur.
- Through a negotiation process we secured a 5,000 sq ft location and signed a lease in April 2013
- In August 2013 we opened our doors with two students. By the end of the year we had 80 students.
- Failure, Doubt or Fear: Never really had doubts. We had a lot of help from friends and family as well as an amazing network. The beginning was a challenge, in the finance area.I got fearful for a second, I had to refocus at that point, I put it in perspective, and remembered all the things that I preach. Mark 4:40
- Private Health Insurance: I am full-time at the University, so that helps with the Health Insurance.
- What is one time management tip? It’s all about priorities. There’s no such thing as procrastination, it’s either important or not important. Wake up early and be resourceful with your time. Also have a clean, clutter-free space.
- Personal habits that attributes to your success as a Entrepreneur?
- Manage Health: Exercise
- Julien Marion: http://www.movedanceandfitness.com
- Your ability to handle risk, determines your results
- The closer you are to that breaking point, the more challenging things get
- Three things that will move you closer to your goal, write on a piece of paper 1. 2 .3 and just start
- Accept compliments from everyone, but limitations from no one
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 3 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review Here
I hope you enjoyed, was able to connect and found value in Julien’s inspiring journey. If so please let us know by clicking on the link to share on twitter:
I’m not only the founder of Startup Dad Headquarters. I’m also a client – Follow along my journey as I progress and improve my skills both in interviewing: asking the right questions, extracting the tips, tactics and tools used by successful entrepreneur dads and in video production. This one is a little painful to watch but full of massive value 😉