Failure Is Not An Option | Anthony Tran | Episode 11
Anthony Tran is a family man and enjoys playing basketball with his son and having fierce video game rivalries on NBA 2K14.
He is the Founder of Marketing Access Pass, an All-in-One Online Marketing Training and Services website. He specializes in WordPress website development, search engine optimization, and marketing strategies to help you take your business to the next level.
He’s been seen on Marketing Optimization TV, The Relaunch Show, Starve the Doubts, and Entrepreneur on Fire.
- Family Fun Photo: Husband, Father of 1
- Balancing Family & Business: when I first started the business it was tough. I dedicated certain times of the day for family and would work late nights. Presently, it is easier because I have a dedicated schedule.
- Support of spouse: My wife has had more confidence in me, more than I have had in myself. She is the driving factor, my cheerleader.
- Primary Chores around the house: I am the dishwasher
- I had no experience in online Marketing. I was a non-techie, no text messaging, and social media guy.
- I was trying to figure out my niche. I had 20 different failed blogs, I was building websites and then tearing them down.
- I decided to go the online marketing route, and built a site that gave the basics.
- The catalyst that inspired his leap There were two things, my wife was unhappy with her corporate job, we were stuck because we needed to pay bills. I knew I had to step up and be a man to provide for my family. Also, I was stuck, I couldn’t spend time with my family. I knew I needed to figure out a way to escape the situation I was in.
- I was working a job and during my lunch time, I had this notebook where I was writing down my business plan, and then I listened to an episode with a guest. It struck home with me because we had so much in common and he built an amazing business in a year. I felt like if he could do it, I can do it and that I needed to connect with this guy.
- I met with him and a group of other Entrepreneurs. After that meeting he became my coach and with my wife’s encouragement, I put in my notice. Keep in mind, I had no money, but failure was not an option.
- Almost a year later, now my wife is joining me in my business.
- Failure, Doubt or Fear: I started stressing out real bad, all these fears came about and I was almost depressed. I went to church and I prayed, and started giving things away for free. From there things started to turn around. People were reaching out to me with offers.
- Hardest personal sacrifice: Spending time with family
- Private Health Insurance: We have been researching private health insurance plans and will pay out of pocket.
- What is one time management tip? I just use Outlook, I have everything scheduled. It helps me stay organized.
- Manage Health: I would go out for a walk. It gets me out, and clears my mind.
- Book every Startup Dad should read: Launch by Mike Stelzner
- Don’t live life with regrets.
- Failure is not an option, if I am going to go for it, I am going to go for it.
- Take massive action, do something that will apply to your situation.
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 3 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review Here
I hope you enjoyed, was able to connect and found value in Frank’s inspiring journey. If so please let us know by clicking on the link to share on twitter:
I’m not only the founder of Startup Dad Headquarters. I’m also a client – Follow along my journey as I progress and improve my skills both in interviewing: asking the right questions, extracting the tips, tactics and tools used by successful entrepreneur dads and in video production. This one is a little painful to watch but full of massive value 😉
Help us to promote the podcast and win a free copy of “Day Job to Dream Job” by Kary Oberbrunner. One winner selected each week.
Click HERE to enter to win.