Expert Friday’s: Small Business Legal School | Susan Burns | Expert Episode 46
Susan Burns is an attorney and professional speaker who believes that a business worth building is worth protecting.
She also believes that small businesses make the world go round and continuously moves the needle of the legal field in helping entrepreneurs protect what matters most “ their business. Susan’s focus is on providing practical legal advice to small businesses.
To make that advice easily accessible, she founded Small Business Legal School. She regularly advises small businesses on expanding to Mexico and loves the creativity of small business owners.
Susan provides expert advice on how to legally protect your small business. Here are some of Susan’s critical areas of focus:
- Consider the type of business you have, and the type of risk you’re placing yourself in. You want to make sure your family and personal assets are protected.
- Website- making sure that it is compliant
- Contracts- not being afraid to put things in writing, and/or signing contracts without reading.
- LLC’s are not right for everybody, it is critical to make a proper analysis of what’s best for your business.
- There are several different forms of entities that you can choose, but there are different factors to consider prior to making a decision (ex. what is your expected revenue?)
- Risk of filing for incorporation in a state where you do not do business.
- 3 common legal mistakes:
- A business is an LLC, but there is no indication of an LLC on the website
- Signing contracts in your own name
- Making absolutely sure you have a separate account just for your business
- Why you need a lawyer, even when it’s just you.
- Susan also shares why the 10 week Small Business Legal School is important for your business.
Hey Startup Dads as mentioned in the interview Susan is launching Small Business Legal School July 1st and as a special promotion she will be donating 5% of your enrollment to one of my favorite charities which is charity: water.
charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean and safe drinking water to people in developing nations.
If you sign-up on or before July 1st ’15 I will match Susan’s donation. So you’re purchase of the Small Business Legal School will not only help you to protect your business but it will also go a long way towards bring clean water to those in desperate need.
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 5 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review HERE