Alan Moore is the co-founder of the XY Planning Network. He is passionate about helping financial planners start and grow their own fee-only firms to serve Gen X & Gen Y clients. He currently lives in Bozeman, MT so that he can hit the slopes on powder days.
Alan is a startup dad who shares in this episode, why the journey to success doesn’t necessarily mean there won’t be any bumps in the road. Here are some of the key points you will learn:
- Moving forward when the unexpected happens
- Being honest with yourself and doing what you know is right even when it’s tough
- Salvaging a relationship with your former spouse after divorce, so you can continue to be an awesome dad
- Managing your income and cutting expenses
- The importance of having a niche and knowing your market
- Why two maybe greater than one – getting a partner in your business
- Hiring when you need the help
- Managing private health insurance
- What’s your secret sauce? Start
- What is one time management tool? Schedule everything
- How do you stand out above the noise: Content Marketing – show people that you are different
- What is a habit that attributes to your success as a Husband, Father and Entrepreneur? Focus
- Manage your health: CrossFit
- Book every StartupDad should read from a Entrepreneur and Fatherhood Perspective: 4 Hour Work Week
- XYPlanningnetwork.com – Contact Alan!
- Alan Moore – Twitter
- Blue Ocean Strategy – W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- The 4 Hour Work Week – Tim Ferriss
Done For You Tech: Doneforyoutech.com is THE one-stop solution for ALL your online marketing tech headaches. Landing pages, sales pages, webinars… the list goes on and on. Check ‘em all off by heading over to doneforyoutech.com/startupdad and get a FREE sales page designed when you order a new website.
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 3 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review HERE
Find out how here: Idea to Launch in 3 Months (weekly Webinar)