Bouncing Back From Bankruptcy & Divorce | Marc Mawhinney | Episode 28: Part 1
Marc Mawhinney is a lifelong entrepreneur who began his coaching business after starting several other companies, including one that grew to 100 employees. His passion and specialty is helping other coaches build successful businesses by defining their target markets, implementing systems to better manage their time and make more sales.
He launched the Natural Born Coaches podcast – a daily podcast where he interviews successful coaches – to help support the worldwide coaching community. The show became an immediate hit “ making it into iTunes New & Noteworthy category in its first week of release and greatly exceeding the average downloads for new podcasts. The show can be found at www.NaturalBornCoaches.com.
Marc is on a mission to help coaches spread their message and their value to as many people as possible!
- Review family fun photo (image above) – Father to 6 yr old son Gray.
- Balancing family and business: It’s a little different, I can set my schedule better and I am an early riser. It’s all about prioritizing.
- What does Fatherhood mean to you: For me being a father is the best feeling in the world. My life totally changed when my son was born. Before it was all about me, but having a child shifted my perspective.
- I started my own Real Estate business at 21. It went really well, I got off to a great start, and then I started adding people to my team. It grew to about 100 people working for me, including independent contract realtors.
- My son was born in 2008, and I was pretty involved.
- In 2009, my startup pretty much happened with my business closure in Real Estate. I was burnt out and I just hit a point where I didn’t want to be 60 yrs old dealing with this stuff.
- I was helped by several mentors who talked with me and they were instrumental in helping me get through those tough times. When I stepped back and thought about my next entrepreneurial journey, I wanted to help people like I was helped.
- I had been coaching for years, but didn’t know it.
- The catalyst that inspired his leap: What motivated me was anger, my way to flip the middle finger was to keep going at life.
- I started a sales position with a company and that gave me a level of support and stability. And it also gave me flexibility.
- Every free minute I had I spent on my Coaching business. As time went on with working with Coaching entrepreneurs, I figured out the people I enjoyed working with was with Coaches, assisting them with their business.
- Failure, Doubt or Fear: It’s a stressful time going through a business closure. The problem is that stress will affect the marriage. It’s also the case of people changing to. You don’t want to stay in a situation where you are not happy.
- What are you doing differently with this business than your Real Estate business: I don’t have this huge crashing overhead that is hanging over me all the time. With this business its just me, so I get to keep more of every dollar that I am making.
- Intersection between fatherhood and entrepreneurship: The motivation factor; my son is what drives me. There is a very close connection to being a father and being an entrepreneur. It’s like your business is your baby.
- What is one time management tool? My online scheduler. ScheduleOnce.com
- Personal habits that attributes to your success as a Father, Husband and Entrepreneur? Being persistent.
- One way manage your health: I can probably do better with getting more sleep. And I stay away from negative, toxic people.
- Book every startup dad should read: Think and Grow Richer; Thick Face, Black Heart
- Natural Born Coaches – Marc Mawhinney
- Natural Born Coaches Podcast
- Think and Grow Richer – Napoleon Hill
- Thick Face, Black Heart –
- The Art of the Deal – Donald Trump
- Don’t over think things
- Be cautious at what you are feeding your mind
- “I know I’m entrepreneur and I will always will be. It doesn’t matter if I fail one time, 5 times, 10 times I’m just going to keep bouncing back up. I have to do it, like I said, it’s in my DNA.
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 3 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review Here
I hope you enjoyed, was able to connect and found value in Marc’s inspiring journey. If so please let us know by clicking on the link to share on twitter: