ASK, Sell One Thing In The Next 48hrs | Ryan Levesque | Episode 34
“I have this fire inside of me. If I don’t do something about it now it’s going to be extinguished and there’s just a little bit left. If I’m not careful and I keep going down this path and get sucked in with the golden handcuffs it’s going to be gone forever and it’s never going to ignite again. Ryan Levesque
In 2008, armed with nothing but a $450 laptop, an Ivy-League background in neuroscience, and an insatiable curiosity to understand why people buy¦
Ryan Levesque left a lucrative career on Wall Street and later in Shanghai, China to launch a multimillion dollar online publishing business selling information and software using what’s now become the Ask Formula as taught in this book.
Since then, Ryan has used the Ask formula to help build multi-million dollar businesses in 17 different industries, generating over $100 million dollars in sales in the process. Today, he and his team offer training, consulting, and implementation services for entrepreneurs and businesses at all levels.
- Review family fun photo (image above) – Wife and two sons
- Balancing family and business by: It’s a challenge. But everything I am doing now, it is all with the objective of taking me out of the business a lot more, so that I can be able to do more with the family.
- What does Fatherhood mean to you: Serving as an example. Providing opportunity and giving them the opportunity to explore.
- Household Chore: I’m the designated clean up guy- diaper blow-outs, vomit, etc.
- I graduated from college, and after college I worked on wall street, from there I went to work in Shanghai China. I was based there and my wife was based in Hong Kong
- The catalyst that inspired his leap: At 25 years old, making a six-figure income, I realized I wasn’t fulfilled. I wrote this 20 page letter that laid everything on the line.
- Within 6 months I quit my job and donated everything that I owned. I moved in with my wife in Hong Kong and lived on $500 a month.
- We had a scrabble tile jewelry business and we decided to put all of our effort to build that business, but then it crashed.
- My wife started applying for different positions and she was offered a job in Texas. We then moved back to the states.
- I dropped my wife off to and from work and during the day I busted my butt and launched our first real business, which we took from nothing to 25,000 a month within 18 months.
- Failure, Doubt and Fear: The burden of responsibility as the breadwinner is on my shoulders, for me its more about being willing to let go a little bit. If I let upon the gas, my concern is not becoming complacent.
- Hardest Personal Sacrifice: Short term pleasure things that I have wanted.
- Private Health Insurance: We pay out of pocket. Like anything else you budget for it.
- Knowing what you know now, what would you have done differently? I would have hired sooner.
- What is one time management tool? Delegating
- What attributes your success as an Entrepreneur, Father, and Husband: Eliminating decision fatigue. This leaves the creative part of my brain to focus on what really matters.
- Manage Health: I work out with a trainer three times a week and I eat very healthy.
- Book every startup dad should read: Built to Sell
- Get your free copy of Ask! askformula.com/startupdad – Use coupon code: startupdad2015
- Built to Sell – John Warrillow
- Start with your why, write it down by hand. Getting crystal clear on that, will give you the focus you need
- Take immediate action while it is fresh on your mind.
Take Action Join The Journey, Today: Get the latest posts and podcast episodes 3 days/week signup for free, HERE!
Support The Show: Subscribe, Rating & Review Here
I hope you enjoyed, was able to connect and found value in Ryan’s inspiring journey. If so please let us know by clicking on the link to share on twitter: